If you crave longer, healthier hair, you've probably spent a lot of time reading internet blogs and articles about at-home remedies and what oil helps hair grow.
Unfortunately, there isn't exactly a magic formula to supercharge your hair growth. However, some products can stimulate collagen production, improve blood circulation on your scalp, and prevent breakage.
If your goal is to grow long and beautiful hair, then you need to avoid breakage. The more your ends break, the shorter your hair gets, so choose products formulated with ingredients that strengthen the individual hair follicle -- these will reduce friction and keep your hair healthy and thriving.
We're here to introduce you to what oil is good for hair growth so you can adjust your hair care routine to reach your goals. Here's what you need to know:
Do Hair-Growth Oils Really Work?
Research suggests that certain oils promote hair growth. Massaging oil into your scalp can stimulate collagen production, strengthen hair strands, and prevent the scourge of thinning hair.
Instead of searching for a magic solution, look for products that contain ingredients that infuse your hair with optimum health. The stronger your hair follicles, the better the results.
Coconut oil is an ultra-hydrating oil containing a potent blend of fatty acids, vitamins, and nutrients that can benefit your hair. The star ingredient is lauric acid, a fatty acid in the proteins of your hair that makes up about 50% of coconut oil.
Massage coconut oil from the roots to the ends to give your hair an extra boost of nutrients and hydration, an incredible shine, and a smooth-to-touch feel.
What kind of coconut oil is best for hair growth? Stick with unrefined virgin coconut oil, as this contains the correct level of nutrients your hair needs to stimulate results.
How to use:
● Warm up 1 cup of coconut oil. When the internal temperature is under 76 degrees, coconut oil hardens, so you'll need to warm it up to its natural state.
● Grab a wide-tooth comb, apply the oil directly to dry hair, and work it into your hair from the scalp to your ends.
● Leave the coconut oil in your hair for at least 30 minutes. For best results, leave it in your hair overnight.
● Once ready, continue with your go-to hair-washing routine in the shower. The oil might come out easy initially, but you may need to rinse your hair a few times.
● Repeat this process once a week for the best results.
Almond oil is a lightweight substance in various skincare and hair care products and contains a rich blend of vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and hair-strengthening proteins. One key ingredient in almond oil is vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that can fight free radicals and prevent damage or breakage.
Almond oil is also considered an emollient, which means it can fill in the gaps in your hair on a cellular level and leave you with an incredibly soft shine.
How to use:
● Apply a small amount of almond oil and rub your hands together to warm the oil.
● Apply the oil to wet or damp hair, paying extra attention to the ends with ongoing breakage issues.
● Style your hair regularly and let the oil work its magic!
Unlike other common lightweight hair growth oils, castor oil has a thick, sticky consistency with a blend of ricinoleic, monounsaturated fatty acid, vitamin E, and essential proteins. Together this rich mix of ingredients can stimulate hair growth, protect the scalp from inflammation, and sometimes prevent hair loss.
Using castor oil with other hair care products can also improve the absorption of other products. Castor oil stimulates hair growth in people who struggle with dry, brittle ends and ongoing breakage. After regular use, the thick consistency can moisturize hair and mend split ends for a visually healthier-looking appearance.
How to use:
● Apply castor oil to your hands and rub them together to warm them up.
● Apply the oil directly to the roots of your hair and brush in with a comb.
● Leave the castor oil in your hair for about 20 minutes, and continue your hair-washing routine.
● The oil is incredibly thick and sticky, so you may need to rinse it a few times to remove it from your hair.
If you want to try castor oil but worry it may be too thick and overwhelming to use, try The Hair Oil, one of our most popular products. This ultra-restorative elixir contains an expert blend of castor seed oil, vitamin E, and argan oil formulated to reduce breakage and strengthen your hair.
Peppermint oil is a popular essential oil for the hair and scalp. Essential oils are a low-cost hair treatment that can offer a world of benefits with correct use.
Peppermint oil treats dandruff and strengthens your hair at the roots, and when you apply it to your hair, you'll experience a tingling sensation. With its antimicrobial and antifungal properties, peppermint oil is a great essential oil for optimizing your scalp health, improving hair growth, and reducing your risk of hair loss.
How to use:
● Massage the peppermint oil directly into your scalp
● Leave the oil on your scalp for 20 minutes, then continue with your usual hair-washing routine
Some individuals experience a somewhat irritating deep menthol sensation. If the peppermint oil irritates your scalp, wash it out immediately with your shampoo.
If you're worried the menthol might be too much to handle, try The Scalp Treatment, one of our products formulated with peppermint extract, Maca Root, Hazel Leaf, Watercress, and Indian Cress. With regular use, the treatment can stimulate regrowth in weak or thinning hair and boost thickness and length for fuller, healthier strands.
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil always tops the list of products that can help with hair growth. Research suggests that rosemary oil can be just as effective as Minoxidil, which makes it an excellent choice for helping to thicken hair and prevent hair loss.
The antimicrobial properties of rosemary oil can prevent scalp infections, premature greying and eliminate dandruff.
How to use:
● Apply 5-7 drops of rosemary oil directly to your scalp.
● Massage it in with a scalp massager or the tips of your fingers.
● Let the oil sit for 10 minutes, and then wash it out with shampoo in the shower.
● Massaging rosemary oil into your scalp can improve blood flow and circulation.
Some people also add drops directly to their shampoo for everyday use.
Augustinus Bader: The Hair Oil
Whether you're struggling to grow your hair or want to know what oil helps hair grow, we're here to help. With The Hair Oil, you can rest assured that your hair will receive the potent blend of nutrients it needs to thrive and grow. In a 12-week clinical trial, participants said The Hair Oil reduced broken and damaged hair from brushing by 93% and increased hair strand thickness by 126%.
Start shopping today to experience the Augustinus Bader difference.